[Shotimes] OT, Hogs plugged up in Wisconsin!

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:51:00 -0400

Don, Boom Cars were around back in the mid-90's.  There were a number of
articles about them and the problems they were creating for communities,
mostly in So. Cal.  I seem to recall Newsweek running them.

I think this may be more of what Ron is talking about, cars and especially
trucks filled with subs and amps.  Some of the trucks has 10s of thousands
worth of equipment filling the entire bed of the truck, housing a dozen 15"
subs, etc.

I think what you are referring to more, is just people with loud stereos.
Ron is right that the Boom Car/truck fad has pretty much gone away.  The
people spending the money have found other things to spend it on, like going
fast.  This craze happened before the huge import("Rice boy") movement.
I think in most cases, local sound ordinances are the only real way to
combat the problem that you are experiencing in Peoria.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Porter [mailto:ronporter@ameritech.net]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 12:57 PM
To: 'Donald Mallinson'; shotimes@autox.team.net; v8sho@v8sho.com
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] OT, Hogs plugged up in Wisconsin!

Don, I don't recall. I believe that it was a combination of local sound
ordinances, as well as the kids have just moved beyond that stuff.

Sure, I will occasionally hear, a booming car, but that no BFD.

FWIW, my old-fart SWAG as to why it's no longer an issue is that the iPod
has become the bigger deal, and I suspect that kids just plug in with
headphones.

Don't worry, the "newest thing" will eventually get to southern IL!!