[Shotimes] Re: Spoiler mount hole locations

fwhittle@mindspring.com fwhittle@mindspring.com
Mon, 15 May 2006 01:23:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Here are the measurements:  There are 5 holes for the spoiler's mounting studs and 1 hole for the wires.  The 5 mounting holes are 3/8" diameter and the hole for the wires is 3/4" diameter.  The forward holes on each end (toward the front of the car) are 5 7/8" from the left and right edges of the lid, respectively.  Measure with the tape perpendicular to the edge of the decklid and to the centerline of the holes.  The 2 holes behind those, toward the rear of the car, are 5 3/4" from the left and right edges of the lid.  The distance between the centerlines of each pair of holes is 1 25/32".  The rearward holes are "about" 1 13/16" from the rear edge of the lid (measure through the centerlines of the pair of holes).  I say "about" because the rear edge is a radiused edge and is therefore a bit subjective.  I didn't make any effort to hold the tape against the lid down to the edge, I just held the tape down at the hole and looked down on it as it went off the rear of the lid.  You may be up to 1/16" off either way depending on whether you see it the same way as I or not.  Probably not enough to make a big difference.  The center hole is actually on the centerline of the lid.  Use whatever method you wish to find the centerline.  The center hole is "about" 2 7/32" from the rear edge of the lid.  That leaves the hole for the wires.  This hole is 3 1/16" from the rear edge of the lid and 7" to the right (passenger side) of the centerline of the lid.  I don't know if a standard non-spoiler lid will have the access holes on the underside for the nuts and the wiring so you may need to make those too.  I hope this all makes sense.  If not, let me know.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX