[Shotimes] (OT) Dodge Challenger Appearance

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Tue, 16 May 2006 15:11:58 -0400

Take the appearance cover off your Hemi.

Besides looking better, it won't hold the heat over the intake.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:59 PM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] (OT) Dodge Challenger Appearance

Bob,

It can, but production line realities mean it would take way too long to
make it look neat.  The current trend is to put wires where they are
shortest, safest, easiest to make on a production line (not necessarily
in that order) and then cover the entire compartment with a cheap sheet
of plastic.

I keep saying, Nobody is going to look under the hood of most of todays
cars in 20 years at car shows and say "WOW that is a great looking sheet
of plastic you have under the hood".

That is one of the many reasons the V6 SHO is such a neat car.  One of
the last to have a really nice looking engine that you can see.

Don Mallinson