[Shotimes] Tool to Remove Heads

krazgeo@comcast.net krazgeo@comcast.net
Sat, 27 May 2006 22:40:47 +0000

From: "Bob" <bob@hotpursuit.net>
> I was trying to remove the heads with a 10mm allen head socket, but I can't
> remove  three of the bolts because the socket interferes
> with the intake camshaft.  What tool should I be using?

You don't use a socket.  You use a 10 mm hex key, with the 90 degree curve cut off, and use a 10 mm socket on the other end of the cut-off key.  That way, you don't have to take the cams off.

Mr. Zach Leahy, one of the two co-experts on SHO engines (there are more, I'm just kidding Zach and Mark) showed me that secret back in early 2001 when he came out here and reincarnated a bunch of SHOs for me in one week.

George