[Shotimes] I guess the verdict has been overturned

fwhittle@mindspring.com fwhittle@mindspring.com
Sun, 28 May 2006 16:27:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Several weeks ago I posted that my gas mileage didn't seem to improve after my plug and wire change.  I finally got a chance to take a long highway drive yesterday and am happy to report that the results from this indicate differently.  I filled up my tank in Vacaville (lowest gas prices in CA, currently).  Gas mileage on the tank of gas up to that fill-up was about 17.5 mpg (combined city/hwy).  I drove to Reno and back and filled up in Vacaville again ($3/gallon).  Round trip from Vacaville to Reno was 333 miles and I put in 13.4 gallons which gives me nearly 25 mpg, essentially all highway.  This drive was up and over the Sierras (it was snowing, too!), so I'm sure my results would be even better on a flat highway.  I guess city mpg is much more variable than highway mpg and I was basing my previous conclusion solely on city mpg.

Conclusion:  I'm happy.

Thanks, everyone, for all the suggestions.  I'll keep a list for future reference.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX