[Shotimes] Key with only 3 pins?

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Mon, 29 May 2006 14:27:32 -0400

James F. Ryan III wrote:
>> I didn't think Gen 2s really had a police option...
>>

> Absotively!!!  They are more plentiful than the Gen1 police cars (1992-1995
> vs 1990-1991), it's just that they don't stand out as much as a Gen1 with
> its slotted grille.  Does your wife's car have cert cal'd speedo (yes),
> pseudo dual exhaust, and a cooling slot below the Ford emblem in the bumper
> cover?  These are obvious visual cues.  Black steel wheels with silver
> center caps were optional.
>
> http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/taurus104.jpg
>
> http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/taurus136.jpg

Both of those cars are SLOs. I know SLOs came with police options (my
mom got pulled over by one once! I was in back seat) but I've never seen
police Gen II SHOs. I'm not saying they don't exist; I'm just saying
I've never seen one. I'll look for the cooling slot (would the SHO
fascia have it too?). Her car does also have a top-center mounted
antenna of some sort on the back window... or what's left of it, anyway.
The aerial is gone. I've always wondered what it was there for but now
it makes sense that it would've been for a police radio. No evidence of
one having been mounted, though. I figured the key would've been like it
was so cops would only have to have one key to turn all the fleet cars
on (door keys are still unique, though).

Jason