[Shotimes] Re: Problems after clutch job...

Edward Mazurek emazurek@cisco.com
Wed, 31 May 2006 16:54:15 -0400

Hi Frank,

Yes, I did replace the Clutch Fork shaft bushings. Apparently, this disc
is more high performance
than smooth.

Joshua, from SHONut, agreed to swap out the disc for a stock one. That's
a nice offer but the time
involved to swap it out! He mentioned that the website says: "The
Fibertuff material is still quite streetable, however. "
I guess that was supposed to tell me that it won't be as smooth as the
stock disc. I guess I need to learn
to read between the lines better.

I guess my question is, should I try and replace the motor mounts? Would
that help? They are pretty
expensive (around $300 for both). SHONut sells reinforced front and back
ones. Apparently the
MTX shock type mount is stock though - no beefier one there.

If I attempt to replace the motor mounts do I have to drop the entire
subframe again?

Thanks!

Ed