[Shotimes] Code 214, stalling, missing, no tach.

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:30:33 -0400

A) oh yeah, it's your crank sensor all right. The tach dying is the
smoking bullet. PIP = camshaft sensor, CID = crankshaft sensor.

B) love your sig, man. How did you know that's exactly how my car is
too!?

C) I suggest rockauto for the parts. Shoforum has a 10% discount thread
for rockauto.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Adam Phillips
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:50 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Code 214, stalling, missing, no tach.

Im about 100% sure i have a bad Crank sensor, but am dreading replacing
it.
I just wanted some other opinons, or i guess just a confirmation it is
the
crank sensor. Once the car is warmed up, it will intermitenly start
missing
real bad, or just die and not start for about 20 minutes, and
occasionally
the tach drops to zero, with or without the other said symptoms. Check
engine comes on everytime it acts up, pulled code 214, "Cylinder
Identification Circuit Failure".  Guess its time to start looking for a
waterpump and cranksensor......?
Thanks.

Adam Phillips
Trenton, NJ