[Shotimes] For Sale - '95 MTX

Mike Wojton mwojton@gmail.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:37:43 -0400

I'm selling my car.  I was going to wait until later in the year, but it
turns out the car needs some work and I don't want to put money into it just
to get rid of it in a couple of months.  Details as follows:

-'95 White MTX
-133,000 miles
-tan leather interior - fairly nice shape; no rips; front seats show typical
wear and dirt
-cd player - just opened it up to get a stuck cd out, but haven't tried it
again after
-Body is pretty solid. Some rust and bubbling on the rear fender lip and
above.  Those areas had been fixed once before.  A little bubbling above
rear window.  Some rusting under the hood on the firewall and inner fenders.
-Has 2001 Taurus 5-spoke wheels on it.  I don't have the slicers anymore.
-'96 brake upgrade - performed by PP for original owner
-first 60k done at PP for original owner
-I have all receipts since new; including window sticker
-It has been in a few accidents over it's life.  The entire front end has
been replaced, I believe very early in it's life.  I can tell from the red
paint in some paint chips.  A reputable body shop in Toledo had told me that
it looked very professionably done.  I have never had any problems with
alignment, and other than the red paint showing through, you'd never know.
I was hit in the passenger's rear corner.  Said Toledo body shop fixed that
damage, and also some rust I had in the wheelwell lips.  I believe there is
one other accident in Carfax, but I never found out what it was.
-PA inspection good through 9-07

Recent or notable new parts:
-plugs, wires, plugwell seals, and cam cover seals - late 2004
-tires - Kumho 215/60 716's - last Fall
-clutch - complete kit, including sleeves, etc. from Shonut (not ceramic TOB
though) - at 100k
-front end rebuild - new Sachs struts, strut mounts and bearings, endlinks,
outer tie rods, ball joints, Eibach springs - 105k
-parking brake cables (second time) - this Summer
-starter - a few weeks ago
-rear flexible brake lines - late 2004 (it also has bias plugs)
-IAB valve - a few weeks ago
-Dynomax cat-back exhaust - Aug. 2005

What it needs:
-front end work - most likely ball joints again; although the only thing I
didn't change when I did all the front end work before is inner tie rods
-serpentine belt tensioner - it whines and the pulley is actually a little
cocked
-rear motor mount - the engine's not flopping all over the place, but I'd
say it needs one
-the shifter should really come apart and get cleaned and get a new ball

Other than those things, it's a great running and driving car.  I really
hate to get rid of it, but it's time.  The wife's car is paid off so it's
time to continue the debt.  All things considered, I'd like to get $1,200
out of it.  It would make a great winter car or first car for a new driver.
(Leigh, are you listening?  And it's white too.)  I have the complete repair
history of the car.

I'm just outside of York, PA.  That's about an hour north of Baltimore, or
an hour and a half or so west of Philly.  I'll get some pics of it for
anybody that wants them.

--
Mike Wojton
Dover, PA