[Shotimes] Sparkplug wire sets--aftermarket alternatives?

jim koper jfkoper at att.net
Sun May 27 15:29:10 MDT 2007

Well, it is time to replace the Motorcraft spark plug wire set with another brand. What other non- Motorcraft brands will fit exactly and have quality innards? Advance has an Autolite set for $75, Bosch is available for $60, and NAPA has one made my Federal-Mogul for $135.

  Ive found the Motorcraft brand to be troublesome in that the rubber donut that contacts the spark plug itself tends to separate at the seam, and as a result, the plug wire will pop up about .5 inches out of the well, which means a rough-running engine!

  I am using Motorcraft spark plugs (old version, not the new AGSP32FM).
  Thanks.

  Jim Koper
  92 red/black
  172K