[Spits] OD shift lever for a 3 rail box

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Jul 3 16:13:29 MDT 2007

Bill G wrote:
> I  have  assembled  all  of the parts to convert the
> gearbox in my '74 Spit  to  OD  - except the shift lever.

You have the rear engine mounting bits, i.e. the plate that sits across the frame sections and the vertical H-bracket that holds up the back of the OD unit?

The shift lever itself probably isn't much different except that it has a hole through it for the wires to run up to the knob which contains the switch, and maybe the ball joint pivot at the bottom is different.  The biggest thing different is the extension bracket that holds the bottom of the lever and the back end of the shift linkage.

Sorry, I dont have any of these pieces.  I just find it interesting that you'd have all these but need the shift lever itself.

Jim Muller