[Spits] [TR] spit suspension question

Rarebits bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 02:15:43 MST 2007

> From: Joe Curry [mailto:spitlist at cox.net]
>
> Even with the Herald spring, you would need the camber compensator to get
> rid of the dreaded wheel tuck caused by unrestricted swing axles.

Hi Joe,
That's really not the case with the HD spring. I have driven Courier Vans
extensively and found that in standard well maintained trim, they will out
handle most equivalents with trick suspension.

> A good
> number of the camber compensators I have sold are to Herald and Vitesse
> Owners who have all informed me of their amazement of how it improves the
> handling.

Bear in mind that the 552lb/in spring has been unavailable for 30+ years,
and even then few Herald owners are aware of it's existence.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232