[Spits] [TR] spit suspension question

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Nov 9 18:30:02 MST 2007

On 9 Nov 2007 at 9:42, Joe Curry wrote:

> To get the full effect of the swing spring will require
> replacing the axles as well as the spring components and that
> starts to get into some really big bucks and makes the camber
> compensator a much more affordable option.

Don't forget too that when BL added the swing-spring they also
increased the stiffness of the front (anti)sway bar.  It principle
this combination should solve the tuck-under problem but increase
understeer, thus decreasing the ultimate lateral g's you can obtain.
I kinda' like the feel of my Spitfire's stock suspension, slightly
sagging at the rear, but then, I gave up worrying about ultimate
lateral g's a long time ago.  If I ain't competin' then it don't
really matter.

Your mileage will certainly vary...

Tomorrow we're gonna' terrorize farm stands with the GT6, the Lord
willin' and the creek don't rise.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com