[Spits] [Spit] For Sale: 1980 Spitfire 1500, 85% restored

Ronald R. Deaver, PMP, MCP deaver_r at emagichappens.com
Thu Nov 22 20:02:46 MST 2007

Prolonged unemployment forces sale of my 1980 Spitfire 1500, which I have
owned the last 8 years.  Here are the basic stats:

Car fully operational
One small dent over driver-side door handle.
99.9% rust free - car was stored in the Eastern Washington Desert most of
its life and only has 2 quarter-sized rust spots on the rear lower edge
corners of the bonnet (very repairable).
Russett Brown - Original paint in very good condition aside from fiberglass
hard top seals and tarping during a cross-country move.

Spare 1500 cc engine on stand
Factory ragtop in excellent condition, plus aftermarket fiberglass hardtop.
Fully rebuilt overdrive transmission
New driveshaft and all new U-Joints, professionally balanced.
Rebuilt differential
New stock springs, front and rear
New KBY Gas Shocks on all corners
Monza exhaust
Previous owner installed new engine, runs very well.
HS4 carburetors, imported from Britain w/Britain intake manifold, freshly
rebuilt by Joe Curto.
K&N Air Filters installed.
New electric fuel pump - trunk mounted.
Good rubber all around, including new door seals.
Many spare parts, including most of a non-overdrive transmission.
Factory-original spare, never used, surprisingly in good shape.
New brakes all around with stainless steel hoses.

I am seeking $3000 or best offer.  Car is garaged at my home in White Lake,
MI (about halfway between Ann Arbor
and Detroit.  Photos available on request.
Regards,

Ron Deaver