[Spits] hardtop for spitfire - DONE

Harve Thorn maya2blue at juno.com
Sat Nov 17 19:40:08 MST 2007

Greetings all..

Many tks all of the tips and ideas that have been sent my way..

The hardtop is on!!!!

I did not realize that the entire tub might change (sag!)  it did.

I have all but one bolt in.. the last one is the rear left.  (on the back
lip behind the driver)

The front two, the side two and one of the back two are in and firm.....

The last back one I cannot get started... Oh well...

Finally figured out that I had to take "all" of the softtop off of the
back edge in order to get it to work. Duh!

Use Paul T's idea of a threaded rod and an acorn nut.  worked just fine.
I "may" try to use the original now that it is mostly on... OR  I may
just leave it like it is!!  ( leaving it on sounds better and better! )

Looks like it will leak a bit..  I tried to pull everything down the same
amount - even measured!! - but still have some gaps here and there.

Oh well...

It was when I measured that I realized how "out of straight" the entire
thing was!!!

Wow!!

Anyway... thanks again to those that made suggestions.  I appreciate the
time you took to help me. If I ever get it "100%" I will let you know.

And, as always, any other suggestions or tips are most welcome!!

harve thorn
nass #79