[Spits] 1980 Bumper Conversion

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Wed Jan 2 06:27:11 MST 2008

You can notch the triangular piece in back of the big plate in order to fit
the bumper behind it.  It's a tight fit.  I did it at first, but don't
recommend it.  No overriders fit this way.

Next up is to simply cut off the big plate.  That's the easiest and most
effective way to go.  Depending on the overriders you want to use, there can
be some trouble due to the width your leaving on the frame box this way.

And lastly comes removing the side pieces of that big plate, bringing the
frame box down to the original width..  The plates are not simply welded on
to the front, there are side plates as well.  This is remarkably tedious as
the spot welding is sporatically located, and profuse.