[Spits] General questions/comparisons: 1962 Mk 1 - 1975 1500

Spitfire4 douglashansen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 11:35:40 MDT 2008

You will prob find lots of small detailed parts with the body and engine that
will be completely different to the later spit you worked with before.  and if
you find that youre missing some parts then you might have trouble locating
new or replacement parts.
I know Ive always had trouble with the early door
latch parts; either they're missing or just broken.  and my header tanks
always leaked.
If you ever have any trouble with the early stuff let me know
if I can help... as Im truly addicted to the early spits.
I would highly
suggest you get yourself a copy of the Spitfire and GT6- A guide to
originality.  its my bible when it comes to small changes thru its production.

Douglas A. Hansen
www.1147cc.com