[Spits] Looking for a Spitfire Mk2 or 3 door

jwolff3 at verizon.net jwolff3 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 07:27:02 MDT 2008

First off, I apologize if this is getting sent twice, but I think I did
something wrong the first time trying to send it.

I'm looking for a decent used door for my 1965 Mk2 that is in the
process of getting body work and new paint. My father-in-law called me
on Friday telling me to start looking for a new door (one of them had
been hit at one point and filled with a couple of inches of filler), but
he didn't know which one it needed (an aquaintance of his is doing the
work, but they are a couple hours away and I'm waiting to hear back),
but I'm 90% sure it is the driver's (left hand) door as that never quite
shut right. It seems that mk2 and mk3 doors are interchangeable and the
color doesn't matter. The car is located near Cumberland, Maryland
(Western) and I'm in Northern VA, so if anyone withing a few hours of
either location has a door they would be willing to sell or if anyone
knows of any British salvage yards in this part of the country, please
let me know.

Thanks!

Jason