[Spits] Vinyl door capping

Daniel parrott parrotthead01 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 15:09:10 MDT 2008

How about a veneer door topping?  I took a 6 inch wide strip of matching
left over veneer from my dashboard project and let it soak overnight in warm
water.  The next day, I carefully inserted the veneer between the door and
the chrome window strip, and curved the veneer downward, holding the lower
edge in place with the inner door panel.

I let it dry thoroughly for a couple of days.  Then I carefully trimmed the
veneer ends to fit the top of the door. Because the end of the door nearest
the door handle has several compound curves, I trimmed the veneer to fit,
and painted the door black.

Glued the veneer down and with a coat of urethane, it looks pretty good!