[Spits] Vinyl door capping

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Wed Jun 18 05:53:44 MDT 2008

I think I'll give the vinyl a try, although I did learn of fiberglass
covers, which look like they would work well also.

Mark

                      Doug Braun
                      <doug at dougbraun.com>           To:      Daniel parrott <parrotthead01 at comcast.net>, mark.jones at exxonmobil.com,
                                                       spitfires at autox.team.net
                                                     cc:
                      06/17/2008 06:18 PM            Subject: Re: [Spits] Vinyl door capping

I bought some repros about 5 years ago to replace my cracked originals.
They fit OK, but they were about
1/2 as thick as the originals, and I think they will soon start cracking
again.

If I had to do it over, I would use some reasonably stretchy vinyl fabric,
and attach it with spray
adhesive.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit