[Spits] Rear Spring reply

Greg Stull gastul at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 10 18:32:25 MST 2009

That first photo was a little misleading. It was taken Saturday after I let
the car down from the jacks. So it was probably sitting a little high. After
I went for a ride Sunday afternoon it came down some like I said in my first
e-mail. I will try and get new picture. It still does have a little negative
camber. I checked my Haynes manual and it said the rear should be 0 to 2
degree negative camber. Is this correct and how do you measure that?

Also I'm thinking about doing what Joe said about letting the car down with
everything loose and then tighten the bolts. I don't have a lift which could
make it a little difficult.

The spacers have a nipple that fits in dimple on the leaf. Hopefully that
will hold them in there just like the rubber ones. Does anybody know how
thick the original rubber spacers were?

Thanks all for your input
Greg
1978 Spitfire 1500