[Spits] Clutch judder

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Wed May 19 16:46:17 MDT 2010

Another place to check is the differential mounts.  When we were at the
VTR in CA last October, my wife's TR250 was juddering badly.

We took it to a shop, after a test drive they took it into the shop and
put it on jack stands.  Then with the engine running, they applied the
brakes and let out the clutch.  (They applied the brakes to provide some
resistance).  You could see the differential wind up to one side, then
swing back to the other and repeat the process.

After the differential mounts, were replaced the problem was gone.

Roger