[Spits] 1300 vs 1500 manifold

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Jun 4 10:39:06 MDT 2012

When I first built the 1296 engine for Tiny Tim, I decided to use a large
valve 1500 head.  In doing some measurements I discovered that the
combustion chambers of the 1500 head were much deeper than the 1300 ones and
if I did nothing to it, the compression would be extremely low.  Shaving the
head on the order of a quarter inch achieved the compression ration that I
was seeking.  I sourced pushrods from Ted Schumacher to achieve the correct
rocker geometry.  I also had Ted get me a set of Isky dual valve springs and
roller rockers to complete the upgrade.

Joe