[Spits] Wheel Brg. questions

Garry Hamblin garry_hamblin at mac.com
Fri Jan 10 11:41:53 MST 2014

If you are having fit problems with your brake discs in relation to the brake
calipers, you almost certainly have the dust seal the wrong way around.  The
felt on the seal goes against the suspension upright, not towards the
bearings.
Pull out the seal and replace it with another inserted the other way round.
If you are gentle enough removing them, you may even be able to reuse them.
You may find that the felt material has wicked up a lot of bearing grease
however, so dont be surprised of you have to buy new seals.  No big deal,
they are cheap enough.
I have made this mistake myself, as I am sure have many others.  Easy fix
though.
Good luck.
Garry Hamblin