[Spridgets] More quotes

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 29 11:52:43 MDT 2007

from here http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
( There are other categories there, as well. )

A joke's a very serious thing.
Charles Churchill, "The Ghost", 1762

He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Don't let yourself forget what it's like to be sixteen.
Anonymous

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.
Gail Godwin

I never vote for anyone; I always vote against.
W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in
harmony.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the
other is pulling up.
Booker T. Washington (1856 - 1915)

No great deed, private or public, had ever been undertaken in a bliss of
certainty.
Leon Wieseltier, in The New Republic

I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When
people ask your age, he said, always say seventeen and insane.
Ray Bradbury (1920 - ), Fahrenheit 451, 1953

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if
you do not trust enough.
Frank Crane