[Spridgets] The Gaydon Sprite ledger book

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Thu Aug 30 11:45:03 MDT 2007

Robert Bruce Evans wrote:
> Incidently, do any others have the letters that Clausanger sent out before
> they had certificates?
>
> Buster

As a matter of fact I have two, complete in their /Par Avion/ envelopes
mailed from Studley Warwickshire, one for Sprite and one for MGA.  The
Sprite's 2 page letter is dated: 15 June 1981.  The top page has the
response to several inquiries.  17606 came with windscreen washer, rev
counter, tonneau cover, WHITE WALL TYRES, and heater.  As some may know
I'm one of the originality freaks, however, in tribute to the previous
owner, who made me promise to never use the front bumper, I do not have
it on the car but on the shelf.  In his last spirited run with the car
he had to panic stop and his head snapped back against the unpadded
roll-over bar and he became a quadriplegic. He was quite a guy and cared
for the Sprite, he did a background on me and after several
conversations was assured that I would love the car as much as he.
Regarding the white walls, simple why I don't have those.  My son
threatened to disown me if I put them on.  I like them (generation gap!)
with the leaf green and am thinking of getting a set mounted on separate
wheels.

Talking about Anders brings up some old questions regarding numbers.
Does the number stamped on the right fender under the main wiring loom
match anyone's chassis number?  Anders stated that this is "probably" a
commission number.  Any of you one time owners verify?

Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS
Burlington WI