[Spridgets] Opinions wanted

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Dec 31 13:36:39 MST 2007

I will confess to ignorance (blissful ignorance at that!) regarding pickled
okra, but I have had it most other ways imaginable. I have never been able
to convince my mother that okra is not food. I would offer you a sample of
her stewed tomatoes and okra sometime, but I will not be there to partake. I
still maintain that any use of okra outside of a good seafood gumbo is a sin
and a wastefulness. Somehow okra is essential to a good gumbo and useless
elsewhere.
After all, it was opinions that were elicited, not necessarily facts ;-)
I do rather like cow tongue, however, and grits are a delight that
southerners seem determined not to share.
David Lieb
PS. Larry, your criteria seems to eliminate virtually every food group I
have ever known other than Kraft maccaroni and cheese (if that really IS
food).