[Spridgets] How to blow up a VW

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 20:45:44 MDT 2007

My son and his buddys are swapping engines in a Jetta tomorrow so
tonight is "Lets drain the oil and see how long it takes to blow up night".
After 20 minutes of it running perfect, they dumped a bottle of beer in
the crankcase. If that wasn't enough they put a qt of paint in it. Now
it smells like a just painted car out of the tail pipe. It ran perfect
with all of the above in it for 15 minutes so they stopped over to get a
cup of glass beads from my blast cabinet.
Well it knocks a bit on start up and they took off in first gear
bouncing the rev limiter. Twice around the block and they stopped to
grab a handfull of stones and put then down the oil fill.
That was 10:15, it's 10:45 and they are still driving around the
neighborhood.
It doesn't smoke, I guess beer doesn't burn. But it still smells like
paint when it goes by.
If that was me, and I was 2 qts low, I would have blown the engine in 30
seconds. These guys are trying and it's been about an hour.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ