[Spridgets] got a bleeder...

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Fri Jul 20 00:55:37 MDT 2007

   73... Bled front and rear... what else is there?
Marc

   Jim Johnson wrote:

What year is the car? On later cars there are two brake circuits to bleed.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City

On 7/19/07, Marc <smarc at smarc.net> wrote:

well, sort of...  Got a big ol bottle of Castrol LMA brake juice and
filled it up and commenced bleeding. I'm having fun...

Background - all new hoses, wheel cylinders, rebuilt calipers... Master
was pretty much empty...

started at RR, attached mityvac & reservoir, pulled vacuum on bleeder
till fluid began to flow, continued to LR, then RF and LF. Just can't
get a good pedal.... pumping 2 - 3 times gets some pressure,  hold that
and crack the bleeders, seems to get a bunch more air out...

Have done this procedure several times on MGB's with great success.
Never had a spridget before.  Letting it sit overnight, will bleed again
tomorrow. Maybe the air will have migrated some by then.

Any special spridget tricks or incantations I should know? Wave a rubber
chicken over it?

--
Marc