[Spridgets] Diffs again, if I may

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:14:46 MDT 2007

First, I didn't say it was your opinion. I said you ardently stated.

I don't understand the "switching" power from one wheel to the other in a
clutch type diff.  Please enlighten me on this.   The clutches can only
resist the axles turning at different rates.  If on wheel is off the ground,
the other wheel will only get power equal to or less than the power required
to make the clutches slip.  Unless you have a locking clutch type, then that
is a different beast.  But, the locking clutch type just locks both axles
together and doesn't do any "switching".

How does the switching occur?  Pinion turns ring, ring turns cage.........
Break it down for me please.
Cheers,
Derf