[Spridgets] Smoking start

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Jun 28 07:43:50 MDT 2007

I believe this is caused by the turning momentum of the motor, and
driveshaft.  Back in a younger day, when I would do the light-to-light
thing in my '65 Dodge (which had Chrysler's version of what we all
generically called "positraction" --TM General Motors, of course-- I had
to be real careful about that "stepping to the right."  On a hard
launch, that Dodge could step a half of a lane to the right-- where
there was typically another lead-footed bozo trying to do the same
thing.  If he had no posi, you ran a risk of wacking him sideways.