[Spridgets] fulcrum pin threads

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Sun Nov 4 09:59:12 MST 2007

Okay so before I totally screw something up...I need to know if there
is a problem here or if I am just not being forceful enough.

I thread the fulcrum pin into the a-arm and the small end threads
bite and thread for about 1/16 an inch or so - seemingly until the
large end starts to bite then I can no longer turn the pin. I can
flip the pin and thread it clear through the large end so I know
those threads are clear. All this by hand with no tools.

When I did the other side I recall it being a bit of a pain to thread
the pin all the way in, but I chalked that up to inexperience and
some corrosion.

I am off to see if I can get a bolt that matches the smaller end so
that I can chase those threads.

This is a rebuilt arm.

thanks,
-m