[Spridgets] wheel bearings

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 21:15:49 MDT 2007

--- David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> I imagine that bearing engineers just look at you
> funny if you suggest

Mike is a bearing engineer.

We were playing with this issue at work one lunch
hour. Without being 100% certain of materials and
assuming my race car bearings got to 350F, .007" was
more like what we calculated as being needed (we
actually came up with .010). I actually was doing
wheel bearings last night, and I couldn't get a dial
indicator set up well enough to even come close to
getting the measurement accurately after shimming, so
I had to go by feel. I suppose we'll see how these do
on the track.