[Spridgets] wheel bearings

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:51:24 MDT 2007

I think the setup that Twist describes is meant to strengthen the
spindle.  He suggests 1 to 3 thou of endplay.
The typical American car uses the "tighten and then loosen a little"
method but takes advantage of a heavier spindle and fixed inner stop.
In a situation like the one shown by Twist in the video, I would go
for the spacers because they help establish a stable platform for the
inner most race.  What I mean is without the 60 ft lb of torque he
describes, the bearing race is able to move, not just the hub and
bearings.