[Spridgets] Two more questions

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Sat Apr 12 08:45:52 MDT 2008

Brad,

IIRC...
Back in the the UK ( a long, long, time ago!) the instructions that came with
a new engine usually recommended varying the speeds, slowly building up
to maximum at about 500 - 1000 miles, or so.

But if it is for a race engine, which is nearly always running at high revs, I've
usually had it flat out after about 100 - 200 miles of the above......

On 12 Apr 2008 at 4:42, Brad Fornal wrote:

>> What is the best suggested break in rpm? Or is
>> there a variety of speeds that makes it better. --

Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
But I'm not so sure about the universe."  ... Albert Einstein.