[Spridgets] Two more questions

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 09:55:35 MDT 2008

Brad,

You will get several answers to your first question but I am old
school which recommends to try and stay between 2 -  3K  rpm and
change speed fairly often.  When you return and the engine has cooled
re-torque the head bolts and then reset the valve clearances.

Speedo bounce:  check the speedo cable for lubrication and that it is
not coming apart. If that is alright then it is most likely the
speedo it self, at least that has been my experience.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor)
2000 Miata Special Edition