[Spridgets] Fiberglass Kelsey/Sebring/Speedwell style aftermarket bonnet project

Alan frogeye at cox.net
Fri Dec 26 19:48:23 MST 2008

I was recently contacted by a local gentleman who has a long and enjoyable
passion for our LBC's and several projects associated with them.

He has in his possession a class one mold for a fiberglass bonnet that
resembles what I recognize as a Kelsey/Sebring/Speedwell style front bonnet.

I have seen several of these at meets and shows and once in awhile posted for
sale on EBay.

I have contacted a local fiberglass fabricator about providing a price quote
to consider manufacturing several of these if there is adequate interest.

My question to the list is ..depending on the final cost after the first one
is made and pictures can be provided, can anyone interested contact me off
list to voice their

Level of interest and threshold of pain, price wise, to help determine how
practical this project might be based on today's economics.

I will be looking for a website to post a few pictures of the bonnet. I can
also provide a sample picture to anyone directly who contacts me at

frogeye at cox.net

Regards

Alan

This link should provide a bonnet that appears to be very similar. These
bonnets will be new from the mold and need no repairs but will need hinging
and securing hardware to the car , of course.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-Healey-Bug-Eye-Sprite-Racecar-Speedwell
-Bonnet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a13Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_
trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem140288841314QQitemZ140288841314QQptZRaceQ5f
CarQ5fParts