[Spridgets] garage door

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 7 13:03:45 MDT 2008

All this talk about random number codes and someone cruising neighborhoods
trying to open your garage door with their remote.  When I went to LotO
last week I simply unplugged the garage door opener rendering it
inoperative with the door closed.  I also have a sensor on the side entry
door to the garage for my home security system.  I also have a sensor on
the laundry room door leading to the garage from inside the house.  The
only way in without setting off the alarm and sending for the cops is
through the metal roll up garage door.  I don't think they will try to
break in that way as they are exposed to the whole neighborhood.  It might
take some time and effort to open this metal door.  Most burglars want a
quick easy entry without disturbing the neighbors.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Bob Van Kirk