[Spridgets] Fuel tank restoration and fuel pick-up

K. Valentine kevin at valentinephoto.net
Sat Jul 26 09:13:43 MDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Brad Fornal wrote:

> Frank always fills them with water, puts them on the grill, and
> BBQ's them
> for a couple of hours, to boil the mung off the bottom.
>
> This is NOT a joke!!!

I've done at least 4 tanks this way.   Works great!

I've also used Castrol Superclean (the purple stuff) full strength to
remove varnish.  I let it soak in the tank a few days,  sloshing it
whenever I walked by.  I used a garden hose to rinse the tank after
the soaking.    The tank got amazingly clean.  This was on a tank
that sat with 3 gallons of gas for about 15 years.

The last tank I cleaned I put in my electrolytic tank........  It
came out like new ;)

I never coat the inside with anything.  Once they are clean inside -
they stay clean inside if you fill them with gas and drive the car ;)

Kevin V.