[Spridgets] Kate's brakes

Kate kgb at frontiernet.net
Sat Mar 8 06:26:57 MST 2008

Guy R Day wrote:
> Kate,
> Do you have one of the wonderful 'shuttle valves' in your system?
I have no idea. I don't do brakes. If it helps, my car is a 1972.

> Changing the head gasket on the Chrysler will not cure the brakes on
> your Midget <smile> and leave you worrying that the Chrysler head
> should have been planed before the gasket was replaced - and you'll
> worry for ever.
This is true, but it would give me a sporty convertible to drive to MO.
As far as the head being planed, I am not worried, I caught it before it
got too hot and shut it down. I'm sure the head is fine. One thing I
have learned from 40+ years of British car ownership is to always keep a
close eye on my gauges

Kate.