[Spridgets] Engine removal list suggestions..

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu May 22 05:35:23 MDT 2008

>       i do it from the back and when the yoke gets close to the tranny
>       i reach down thru the hole for the shifter, pick up the yoke
>       and put it on the tranny.. crawl back under the car a push it
>       on the rest of the way.. .. is there more space to do this with
>       the datsun tranny or are my hands just small enough?

There is a LOT more room for this with the Datsun tranny.
A couple of turns of masking tape around the front u-joint will keep the
nose of the driveshaft high enough to start in the back of the trans. The
tape comes off in the first couple miles of driving the car.

As to marking the diff flange, why bother? It is NOT as if they were
balanced together. The driveshaft is balanced to itself and so is the
pinion. What do you do if you replace the diff? The holes in the flange are
not square, so they will only line up in 2 of the 4 possible positions; just
make sure that all four holes are lined up before you put the first bolt in.
David Lieb