[Spridgets] seat belts & roll bar

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Sat Nov 15 17:46:03 MST 2008

Hi all,

I may be preaching to the choir here, but with the mention of rollbars,
I feel I need to chime in here.

I purchased my Bugeye from a fellow who ran Solo events and drove it on
the street.  He had installed a rollover bar.  One day he was driving
out in our twisty hill country (Kettle Moraine, Larry) hit some pea
gravel and ended up in the ditch a quadriplegic.  Seems his head hit the
UNPADDED rollover bar and being on the street he was not wearing a
helmet.  My point is:  Please */pad/* your rollover bar if you are going
to drive without a helmet.  I know it sounds like common sense....but.....

OK, I feel better now.

Mom (I mean, Dave)
59 :{)
Burlington WI  (Anyone catch Natalie Neff's by-line in last weeks
Autoweek?  It's sad but that's what I'm doing to my cars this weekend.
Absolutely no comment from you one/two season folks! ;-)  )