[Spridgets] concrete question

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 15 08:43:00 MDT 2008

Who would like to venture a guess at what having a concrete floor poured
would cost?

My floor is crumbly and about 2.5 inches too low compared to the driveway,
at the lowest point.

I figured, that someone would rough it up to remove the loosest parts, and
then pour over it.  The guy who came to give me an estimate last night was
actually recommending raising the driveway as well to help with my problem.
So, he was recommending cutting out the old concrete, adding a base and then
pouring 4 inches of concrete.  I'm told that it's roughly 580 square feet.
( But, I think it is roughly 21 x 23. )  I wasn't impressed with his
decision to tell me what needed to be done instead of quoting on what I
wanted done and the price just floored me.  ( pun intended )

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/MyLake%202.jpg