[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Weekend

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Oct 23 07:51:01 MDT 2008

> While I applaud your decision to forsake the Super Slab in favor of what
> would be a far more interesting (if more time consuming) route, I suggest
> that you pick up the appropriate DeLorme atlas' (Indiana, Ohio & PA) and
> map out some routes with which to bypass all of the medium to large cities
> which route 30 would take you through.

Bud,
It isn't my first time across US30. I drove it out there for Sprite Spree03,
for a couple of the Valentines' PA LBC Ralleys, for the Babe Rally, etc. I
seldom take any other route between Chicago and central PA. The cities add a
certain spice to the trip... I remember having US30 duck out from under me
coming into Pittsburgh the first time ;-) I actually enjoy the trip more
this way. Yes, there are a few stretches that I wouldn't mind missing, but
they are always followed by a stretch I don't want to miss like Laurel
Mountain. Yes, the cities slow you up a bit, but then I drive through
Chicagoland traffic every day, so the traffic along the way just ain't that
big of a deal.
David Lieb