[Spridgets] Mercruiser 4.3

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:52:56 MDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Mark <mark at nashvilletn.org> wrote:

My next-door neighbor just bought a 93 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser 4.3 V6
engine.

I have an 89 Baha Cruisers 280 XLE with twin small block Chevys. I pull the
throttle levers (Morse controls) out to disengage the shift mechanism and
pump them all the way 4 times. Then I crank the starter. If it has been
sitting for a while I will pump the lever back and forth as I crank it. Due
to the age of the boat the carbs probably leak down while it sits requiring
it to get some fuel pressure as it cranks. Could be the same with your
buddy's boat. It fires right up when I get to it more often but requires a
little cranking and pumping if it sits for 2 weeks at a time. Been that way
since I got it in 1991.

He should also change the rotor, cap and plugs every 16 years or so... Ask
me how I know.
  --
Kent
1960 Bugeye