[Spridgets] Mercruiser 4.3

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Sat Sep 6 15:52:41 MDT 2008

Thanks for all of the tips, we got the engine running like a champ and the
vacation was saved.  It turned out to be a corroded plug on the ignition
amplifier board that mounts on the side of the distributor.  Sometimes it
would work and other times not.  We cleaned the "green" out and it fired
right up.  We filled it with silicone grease so hopefully it won't do it
again.  I won't be complaining about expensive parts again for a while, the
plug with 5 feet of wire is $70 and the ignition module is about $300.  Glad
we didn't need either.

Mark