[Spridgets] Solenoid update

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Fri Sep 12 19:50:34 MDT 2008

Well, I can use the new battery in my '73 Midget, when I finish the
restoration in the spring.  The old one may last another year in the
'72, if I'm good to it over the coming winter storage period.
The solenoid is OK, too.  However, with direct power from a fully
charged, brand new battery, the starter refuses to even draw current.
So, it's time to swap out the starter for one from my parts stash and
get back on the road.......Or, maybe it's time to check that the cable
from the solenoid to the starter is OK, first.
Bud Osbourne