[Spridgets] NO LBC Mac/PC/Phone WiFi setup

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:44:30 MDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Larry Miller <millerls at ado13.com> wrote:
I have a Cable modem, a MAC Notebook, a Windows Notebook, a Windows Desktop
and 2 iPhones that I would like to set up a home WiFi network for.

Your Windows notebook may be ready for wifi. If it is not you can buy a card
that plugs into a slot on the side of it. Your Windows desktop can be fitted
with a wireless card too. Check ebay and/or CL for them cheaper than the big
box stores. Don't forget to enable the security. Otherwise your neighbors
might be able to use your bandwidth and hack into your computer too!. Mine
was termed WEP. Wireless Encryption Program. I have a 26 digit code that I
have to enter when I get a new computer for my setup. Remember to write that
code down and don't lose it.

After you install the card(s) as necessary in your Windows machines, you'll
get a connectivity icon in the lower right hand corner tool bar. Click on it
and follow the instructions to enter your WEP code and set your machines up
for your wireless router.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye