[Spridgets] Sad Midget Mass Pike Accident

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Sun Dec 27 15:54:14 MST 2009

OMG!  Horrific crash!  My heart & prayers go out to the Spridget driver's
family.

After I recovered from looking at the near-complete destruction of the
Spridget, it occurred to me that the 5 MPH bumper didn't do anything to
weaken the impact.  Did it?  Video didn't show the wrong-way (likely
drunk-driven) vehicle.  Probably an SUV with higher bumper.

Accidents like this are just another reason I do most of my old sports car
driving on the race track.  There, we're all trained, usually experienced &
going in the same direction.

Norm Sippel