[Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books, websites or Magazine articles.

GUY DAY grday at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 26 09:58:18 MST 2009

Linda,
This may be a rather radical answer but get ANY engine, get 2 or 3 of them
and strip them down and rebuild - doesn't have to be to running standards,
it is just to get the feel of spanners, bolt tightness and general handling
of mechanical lumps before you start on the 'A ' series.  These are things
to learn on, laugh at and generally make a mess of!!
Yes, it is nice to think you can just get the bits, look at the cook book
and re-build.  What happened the first time you tried a recipe without
supervision?  That will be your engine.  A not too happy thing -  not what
you intended!!!!

Get your books, get the BARRIER cream for your hands (serious) and play with
bits that aren't going to matter.

If you are doing it under supervision it's a different thing but you'll
still benefit from having a 'play' first.

Best of luck and well done for having a go, proud of you.

Guy R Day.